Monday, October 13, 2008

On the Road

Greetings from Kenya. We traveled to the North this morning for about 2 1/2 hours to Naivasha. We visited the Main Prison, Annex and Women's prison. I'm still amazed that with all the prisons I've been in I've never once felt uneasy or afraid. Now remember we are taking all necessary precautions, but the inmates have always treated us very cordially. They really seem to be happy to see "the visitors". I believe with the three prisons today we saw over 1100 inmates and had 125 salvations. We also did an eye glass clinic and served 163 inmates. As on Saturday we had a wonderful driving experience. Today we saw zebras, gazelles, and a baboon on the trip. Lots of cows, sheep and goats. We also drove past the Rift Valley and this valley goes from Israel to the north all the way to Mozambique in the south. I've included some pictures. Some of you may know that Kenya had some difficulties after the elections last year and alot of towns were burned, etc. I've got a picture of a refuge camp where some of those mis-placed people are not living. Here's the pictures.

Above is a picture of the Refugee Camp I mentioned. A mini tent city.
This is the Acacia tree. Those of you up on your Old Testament might remember that many items in the tabernacle were made of acacia wood including the arc.


Above is the Rift Valley.

No comments: